Now is an exciting time to join R&D Tech organization and drive a change in the way we use technology, presenting an opportunity to adopt disruptive solutions to help drive our digital transformation. The SeniorDevOps Engineer will play an important part in supporting and implementing a DevOps stack to support the Product Teams within R&D, they will be responsible for enabling, advising, coaching and technical implementation of tooling and platforms which will accelerate our teams.
This role will provide you the opportunity to lead key activities to progress your career. These responsibilities include some of the following.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise.
- Implementation, support and maintenance of a DevOps stack which can be used across R&D Tech Product Teams.
- Using innovative tooling to automate quality material to ensure it remains at the heart of everything we do to maintain a full compliance to GSK Security, Quality, and Regulatory Standards.
- Proactively pursue tools and processes which can deliver continuous improvement to enhance user productivity, increase system reliability & resiliency and reduce total cost of ownership.
- Maintain technical support documentation and guidance so Product Teams have the material and assets to enable their journey in DevOps.
- Take part in experimentation and innovation to drive persistent improvement, with the reduction in technical debt and risk as a core principle of engineering within R&D Tech.
- Work to enable, advise and coach Product Teams so that they can take ownership of their DevOps stack.
- Provide technical director for DevOps across solution groups and third parties, fostering and maintaining close links with those areas.
- Contribute and engage with engineering capability across GSK, both internal and external third parties to ensure our processes and practices meet a shared goal across tech.
- Work closely with the rest of the Strategy, Design & Test Team engineering teams. Ensuring that DevOps, Test, QA and UX are closely aligned on engagements with Product Teams.
We are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer and if you have these skills, we would like to speak to you.
Experience of 4-6 years in chaos engineering within a DevOps environment.
Experience in AI and Machine Learning implementations in the cloud.
Data-Driven Data Modelling.
Experience in DevOps implementation across the full stack (Database, Services, Code, Deployment & Monitoring).
Experience of at least one cloud platform (Azure, GCP, etc).
Experience in version control and code branching strategies.
Experience in Unit Test, Test-Driven Development and Code Analysis Tooling (SonarQube, etc).
Experience at CI-CD Pipeline implementation and at least one tool (Azure Pipelines, Jenkins, TeamCity, etc).
Experience in at least one scripting language (Bash, Python, Ruby, etc).
Experience in at least one programming language (C++, Java, Scala, etc).
Experience in at least one configuration management tool (Puppet, Ansible, Chef, etc).
Experience in virtualization and containerization (Docker etc).